What Does Branding Mean?
Branding is not having an attractive logo, a catchy slogan, or a good-looking website. There’s more to branding, then that.
Branding refers to how your prospects look at your business. Branding helps your customers and prospective customers know how your business is different from other businesses that offers similar products or services.
When you are starting to build your business, at some point the question of branding might come up. Things like what do you want to call your business (You may choices: either your personal name or come up with a “formal” business name.) what slogan you want to have, what kind of logo do you want to design or get it designed and what image do you want to have before your customers / clients / prospects? This is when you’ll want to think hard about your business’ name and identity.
The reality is can you control what your prospects think of your business? You just have to know how to motivate potential clients/buyers. You Have to build customer loyalty?
It’s not an easy task to do, but by properly branding your business you can carry out all the goals you have in mind. A Good branding effectively communicates what your business is all about.
We will show some quick tips to help you narrow your branding method.
- Research — Do your research. Ask your self some question when starting on a new business, like what really is your business really about.
- Target audience — know who your target audience really is and focus your branding efforts only towards that group.
- Simple — Keep your branding message simple. The simpler the message that you are trying to display, then long, complex messages that confuse customers, and your message gets mistranslated.
- Business name — Should you choose to use your personal name to make a real business name. Here both have its pros and cons, you have to think on this for some time.
- Similarity — You business should have a same theme and color everywhere. It should be looking the same when visited your website or offline shop and same messages that you are sending to the public.
- Presence — In order to brand your business you first need to have a presence in the marketplace. If you haven’t already done so, set up a website and social media presence. Then build up a network.
What this All means to you?
At the end, branding your business shouldn’t be that hard, but it requires some thinking and doing some research.
Tell us what do you think about branding in the comments below…